Please Login To Gain Access
LEATHER GUILD IS AN AWARD WINNING AND UNIQUE, CREATIVE DESIGN STUDIO AND MANUFACTURER.
Located near Glasgow in the beautiful scenery of Loch Lomond, the foundation of the company’s designs are the bringing together – or guild – of tradition, heritage, creativity and of course, a passion for developing statement products with classic, quality designs and materials with a quirky edge.
The Leather Guild brand reflects both experience and tradition while the product portfolio is much extended with a greater emphasis on gifting and the tourist sector. Luxury leather is the principle material and Leather Guild use 100% sustainable leather from a number of sources best suited to the product and its use.
More recently Islay Tweed has featured strongly, in a number of products, teamed with quality leather trims. Leather Guild chose Islay Tweed because of the quality and heritage found at The Islay Woollen Mill where tweed has been in continuous production since the 1820s. The weave is very tight and dense which is ideal for robust and durable products and in addition, Leather Guild tweed is given a Du Pont Teflon coating at the finishing stage to further enhance the moisture and stain resistance of the fabric.
Our fabulous materials are worked by craftspeople and artisans with a variety of skills including:
- Tanners work on the production of all our leathers
- Saddlers craft our dog collars and leads
- Weavers at the Islay mill produce all our tweed
- Glovers hand make our Cromlix, Manderson, Roxburgh and Torridon gloves
- Tailors cut and stitch tweed ties and waistcoats
- Cabinet Makers build our trinket boxes
- The design studio engraves and decorates the products.
This skillful and experienced guild of people are Leather Guild